Aging is inevitable. Humans are bound to undergo noticeable changes from conception till death. One theory explains that the rate at which an individual grows old is largely predetermined by his or her genes. According to this theory, the body ages as a result of cells dying which in turn causes organs to malfunction and gradually lose their ability to maintain the biologic functions needed or required to sustain life.
Another popular theory states that the body grows old due to the accumulated harm from ongoing chemical reactions within the cells. These ongoing chemical reactions produce toxins known as free radicals which are to blame for ultimately damaging the cells and causing a person to age.
Aging leads to degeneration of many body functions. Some of the undesirable and unwanted changes that accompany the aging process include:
- A conspicuous wrinkling or thinning of the skin
- Decreased blood flow to vital organs such as the kidneys, liver and brain
- Decreased ability of the kidneys to clear toxins and drugs
- Reduced ability of the liver to clear toxins and metabolize drugs
- Decrease in maximum heart rate
- Decrease in maximum output of blood from the heart
- Lowered glucose tolerance
- Decrease in lungs’ air-moving capacity
- Decreased infection-fighting function of cells
What are the benefits of delaying aging?
Delaying the aging process is advantageous not only physically but mentally and psychologically as well. Slowing down the process of aging prevents the early onset of skin wrinkling or dulling and likewise offers a person a better protection or shield against diseases such as Alzheimer’s, dementia, cataracts, diabetes, glaucoma, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, Parkinson’s disease, prostate cancer, stroke, and urinary incontinence, to name a few.
Everyone benefits from slowing down the whole process of aging. It certainly is worth the trouble and the effort to follow some simple, non-invasive regimen and/or methodologies to retard aging and all the bodily changes both internal and external that come along with it, and somehow preserve ones health and youthful looks.
In general, all time-tested measures highly-effective in delaying the aging process include:
- doing moderate exercises or physical activity,
- having a healthy, nutritious and well-balanced diet,
- getting sufficient sleep,
- drinking lots of fluids/water,
- avoiding smoking, pollution, and overexposure to sunlight,
- wearing sunscreens/sunblocks,
- keeping a positive attitude or good disposition in life,
- and controlling stress.
Apart from these, here are some anti-aging treatments specifically for the skin that are relatively easy to follow; some provide instant results and are well-suited for those who shun or refuse to go under the knife but want to delay aging.
- Vitamin A skincare solutions. Topical applications of vitamin A (in retinoid form) can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and enhance the overall texture and tone of the skin.
- Botox. This nonsurgical cosmetic procedure can be administered in under an hour and do not cause much pain or discomfort. Botox helps to remove frown lines and get rid of wrinkles particularly around the eyes.
- Microdermabrasion and Chemical Peel combination treatments. These procedures are for getting rid of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and damaged skin. Microdermabrasion treatments make use of microcrystals to peel off the top layer of skin in order to reveal a new, glowing and youthful layer.
- Anti-aging makeup. Cosmetics infused with sunscreen, vitamins and minerals do not only help protect the skin from sun damage and toxins in the environment, but also effectively prevent wrinkles and skin damage over time. Anti-aging make-ups such as mineral makeup, sunscreen-infused moisturizers, and skin repair serums help combat the signs of aging even while sleeping. Applying high quality makeup to the skin can reduce the risk of skin damage and ensure a healthier, vibrant and natural look on a regular basis.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing through Fractional C02 Laser, etc. Laser technology is known to make facial imperfections disappear. Treatments involving SilkTouch and Erbium can eliminate facial wrinkles and enhance the skin’s surface. By means of Fractional CO2 Laser, acne is kept under control, excess fat is removed and the contours of the face are improved.
Far more information here – Dr Morris Ritz